Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hawaii 2009

Still catching up on old photos... This is still from May.

One of my first stops was the Hawaii Book and Music Festival with my mom, Brad, and Ed to see Jake Shimabukuro (friend from high school) perform. He is an ukulele master.



Brad and Ed had a really tough run up Pu`u (Mt.) Makakilo to my mom's house.



My mom was a lovely host. We had a great time.



Ed and Brad rented bikes and I borrowed one from my friend Trish. We had a lot of fun doing a ride from Kapiolani Park to Hanauma Bay and back. I used to do that route almost every day after school with the UH team.



We enjoyed some Waiola shave ice (my favorite) after a super-fun surf lesson (longboard) at Waikiki Beach with Sat and Tammy. Both Ed and I were able to stand up multiple times. It was so much fun.



Leonard's for malasadas, of course.



Ed and I did a North Shore ride from Haleiwa to Laie and back. It was gorgeous and the fresh-cut pineapple was so yummy.



Ahi steak and eggs at the new Eggs 'n Things, which sadly is not nearly as cool as the old Eggs 'n Things.



We also did the Pali Loop ride. The hills, thankfully, were smaller than I remembered.



On our last full day, we went snorkeling at Hanauma Bay. We saw tons of fish and four green sea turtles. Swimming with the turtles was pretty magical.



I'm glad we got to travel so much in the past couple of years. I imagine once the little guy arrives (the baby is a boy!) we'll be sticking pretty close to home for a long time.

1 comment:

claudia said...

Love the Hawaii pix! A boy is cool. Lots of knitting potential for Kris.