Sunday, July 5, 2009

California 2009

I had a very fun road trip with my dad in May before I went to TechEd. Here are a few of the photos.

We started off with a trip to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. My dad took this picture of me with a grouping of sequoias known as "The Senate."



Dad's car developed a leak in one of the pipes leading to the radiator. Fortunately some very nice folks in KCNP (employees of a local camp, a UPS driver, and two park mechanics) helped with the temporary fix that got us out of the park and to the nearest Auto Zone in Sanger.

Here we are on the beach in Monterey.



We spent a lovely day at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.



Near the famous cypress on 17 Mile Drive. This squirrel was frighteningly tame and would not leave us alone.



We drove down the Pacific Coast Highway. Here's a pic from our lunch stop at Ragged Point, near Big Sur.



Hearst Castle in San Simeon was stunning.



We ended our trip in LA. We stopped in Thai Town so my dad could get his yearly supply of beer and we had some yummy Thai food before heading to the conference hotel.



We had a super fun time. My dad is a wonderful road trip companion. :)

No comments: