Saturday, November 7, 2009

Congratulations, Robin and Cyndi!

My good friend Robin (with whom I worked closely for many years) and his girlfriend of 23 years, Cyndi, tied the knot on Oct. 31. We're absolutely thrilled for them! I saw some photos from the event and Robin's vintage fedora was quite excellent.

Bev (who has known Robin since college) organized a celebration today. Ed and I joined Bev, Robin, Cyndi, and Jennifer for an afternoon of indulgence at the Chocolate Bar (Langham Hotel, Boston). I think I must have sampled a couple dozen desserts. The cinnamon sugar beignets were my favorite, as they were reminiscent of Hawaii-style malasadas. A great time was had by all!



Later, Ed and I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few items. The smell of sugar near the bakery made me feel just a little sick. :)

No comments: