Sunday, November 30, 2008

Knitting

This has been a pretty tough month. One of my coping mechanisms has been to start knitting more. Here are some recent projects.

This is a scarf for Ed, made with merino/possum yarn that Rachel got for me in New Zealand. (Ravelry link)



I was making this hat for Aimee, but sadly I didn't finish it in time. I think I'm going to keep it, since it will always remind me of her. (Ravelry link)



My calabash nephew Silas outgrew his original pumpkin hat. I was really flattered when his mom, Fiona, asked for Pumpkin Hat 2.0. (Ravelry link)



Last Christmas I gave Ed some yarn that my sister and I dyed with coffee in her crock pot. I started some socks for him with it and Kris helped me turn the heel this afternoon. Here is the sock right at the beginning, on Thanksgiving. Coincidentally, the yarn is exactly the same color as the dulce de leche helados (ice cream) that we enjoyed in Buenos Aires every day of our trip. (Ravelry link)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were flattered that I asked for another hat! I usually save such brash requests for my mother only.

--Silas' mom