Sunday, July 6, 2008

July 4th weekend

We didn't do much to celebrate July 4th -- we had planned on going to a Sloan Fellows event but were both feeling icky (bronchitis) and so stayed in. The first season of Mad Men was so entrancing that I couldn't even be distracted long enough to check out the Boston Pops on TV.

We spent all day yesterday on Cape Ann with our friends Craig and Neilie. After a very hearty breakfast at Sugar Magnolia's, we wandered around downtown Gloucester and Rockport, including Bearskin Neck. Halibut Point was a lot of fun.





It ended up being so warm (and non-rainy!) that we almost could have gone to a beach, which was our original plan. We joked about a junk food stage race with fried clams as the third stage (after stage 1's brunch and stage 2's ice cream), but it was just too much.

Today, feeling nearly recovered from the bronchitis, Ed and I headed to Wells Ave. He got to wear his new NEBC kit for the first time and I felt surprisingly good considering that the only ride I've been able to do in the past two weeks was the MS Ride. So I've registered for a couple of crits next weekend and hope to make it up to the track on Wednesday before heading to McLean for work on Thursday and Friday.



I'm taking tomorrow off and am looking forward to sleeping in. I hope you all had a great weekend as well!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun-packed weekend for you two. And a day off? What's that?
Take care and enjoy your day.

claudia said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better!