Sunday, April 6, 2008

Two social outings in one day!

I went to my first bridal shower since 1999 (so maybe my second bridal shower ever?) yesterday for Rachel. Neilie was my "date" (she's also my date to Rachel's wedding, since both of our husbands have school obligations that weekend) and we had a blast. We worked on the ribbon "bouquet." Rachel was gorgeous, but sadly none of my photos do her justice.

Last night, Ed and I went to a party hosted by a couple of Ed's classmates. There were about 20 of us there, half American and half from Europe, Asia, and South America. After an amazing home-cooked Indian meal, someone got out a guitar and suddenly we were all singing "Sweet Home Alabama." True story.

Edited to add: I thought you'd like to know that I just recovered a memory of attending another bridal shower. It might have been in 2004.

3 comments:

Bob said...

From a nice Koto rendition of "Sakura Sakura" to Lynard Skynard. Any whiplash?

-h said...

That didn't happen here tonight. And we're in Alabama. :o)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all.