Saturday, May 31, 2008

Two chicks on a bike

On Saturday, June 28, I will be participating with in the Cape Cod Getaway ride to benefit Multiple Sclerosis research. I will be doing the first day of the ride, 75 miles from Quincy to Bourne, with my friend Claudia. Claudia was last year's top fundraiser with $40,000!! Her husband broke his ankle hiking recently, preventing him from riding a bike, and Claudia has a slight visual impairment that prevents her from doing the ride by herself. Therefore I will be captaining her gorgeous orange Co-Motion Supremo tandem on the ride. We've already begun training together and are having a blast!

The ride benefits the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, which devotes nearly $50 million a year to researching prevention, treatment, and a cure. The disease affects nearly 500,000 people in the U.S., including a friend of mine whom I know through bike racing.

My goal is to raise $1,100 for MS research by the middle of June. Please consider donating!

Here is my donation page, where you may enter credit card donations.

No comments: