Thursday, January 21, 2010

Gifts for the newly pregnant

One of my friends asked for gift suggestions for a newly pregnant friend. Here's what I came up with.

A pre-natal exercise DVD. (I used this DVD, which was pretty good but more stretching than cardio. )

Earth Mama Angel Baby Pregnancy Pampering Kit - Occasionally they sell for $20 at babysteals.com. I love this company's products and used several of them during and after pregnancy.

My MIL got me the Mother's Special Blend Skin Toning Oil after Elliot was born. I love it, despite the cheesy packaging, and it's supposed to prevent stretch marks.

A gift certificate for a pre-natal massage.

Bath stuff from Lush.

The Baby Love book -- I like it because the photographs are beautiful and the advice is calm and practical. It helped me feel like taking care of a baby might be doable.

Gift certificate for dinner -- since she won't be able to do that as much after the baby arrives.

A nice bottle of wine or champagne that she can drink after she gives birth.

I personally am not into this, but have a couple of friends who made belly casts.

Maternity/nursing pajamas - this brand is recommended by a blogger I like (Amalah).

An exercise ball - good for sitting on during pregnancy and labor, as well as bouncing the baby and exercising after birth.

Bella Band - holds up maternity pants that are too big and regular clothes that are too small. Also keeps the midsection hidden (and warm) while nursing.

No comments: